As you can see the slab was cut just prior to the crotch of the tree and has three piths or centers. I have counted the rings and have determined the tree was somewhere between 123 and 127 years old. I have used Pentacryl to help stop the checking but because I was working out in the driveway and under the sun and exposed to the wind I have some small cracks from the slab drying irregularly. I have set up a small "tent" around it and am using a dehumidifier to extract the moisture like a small kiln you might say. Keep your fingers crossed that not too much movement happens and the cracks and checking are minimized.
This will officially become a coffee table so now I can start planning out the legs. When I was at the mill this morning looking for ideas I posed the question to the owner and suggested some ash branches say about 4-5 inches in diameter and use four of them with the bark left on. I had not thought of that and am not totally convinced but he is getting me some anyway. I had originally thought of a three leg configuration using chunky say 6-8 inch square maple and distressing it. So as you can see the jury is still out but I can not do anything until the slab gets to about a 8-9% moisture content. When I got it home it was 34% and now 2 months later it is at 18% so I have some time to decide yet.
I will keep updating on the "Log Table" as it progresses